Verses of Joy is a collection of Pure Land Buddhist poetry themed around the deliverance of Amitabha and rebirth in his Pure Land, the cosmic Buddha-field of Sukhavati. According to the Infinite Life Sutra, the first scripture in the Pure Land canon, Amitabha’s 18th vow guarantees all beings that invoke his Name sincerely rebirth in his Pure Land after death.
This universal message from the Lord of Infinite Light provides the inspiration for those who have published poems with us, most of whom have penned their verses not out of literary eloquence per se, but from an inner welling of devotion and happiness at encountering the liberating other-power of Amitabha Buddha.
- Light of Sukhavati: A Pure Land Devotion (Ivan Latham)
- The Names of the Name (Ivan Latham)
- Repose (Ivan Latham)
- Our Confidence Amid the Storm (Ivan Latham)
- What Is Grace? (Ivan Latham)
- Amitabha All Around Me (Massimo Claus)
- Your Voice (Ivan Latham)
- Shine! (Ivan Latham)
- When All Else Is Gone (Ivan Latham)
- Lord of the Pure Land (Ivan Latham)
- Only the Name Remains (Jingji Void)