Jon is a lay Theravada practitioner from the USA. He is primarily interested in writing about the practice of Theravada Buddhism in the 21st century from the perspective of a modern convert. Jon approaches other Buddhist traditions with a curiosity that generates greater insight into the varieties of Buddhist experience, and deeper appreciation for his own tradition. He has been fortunate enough to have a simple and humble Burmese sayadaw as a teacher, and the writings of many superb ajahns and sayadaws as teachings. He writes for Buddhistdoor using a pseudonym that reflects his respect for the Zen tradition and its masters.
- Two Masters on the Great Expanse (A Collage Poem)
- Dear Zhuangzi
- Andromeda / Peace in Me
- The Problem with Kindness
- A World-Encompassing Meditation
- The Auspiciousness of Right Now
- How Do We Return to the Path?
- People We Don’t Like
- A Brief Note on Love and Human Feelings
- Is There Something Buddhist About Mario? (Seriously)